Thursday, January 15, 2009


Tomorrow is a lot of things...
January 16th.
A Friday.
My Dad's Birthday.
My actual, doctor-given due date.
and.. the day that we'll probably meet our Baby Girl.

After much deliberation, we've decided to get my water broken in the morning. I had a long talk with my doctor about the way I wanted things to go, and he was totally okay with it. The only thing he had to say was 'Just warning you- if I'm delivering a baby at 3 a.m. because you won't let me use pitocin, I may be cranky. I've had late deliveries every night this week.' And then he laughed. I told him I was okay with grumpy. :) Our plan is to arrive at 7:15, and they will break my water. They want to monitor the baby for a period after my water is broken, and then I'm free to walk, jump, run. Of course, there will be limitations and I am taking a chance with that whole 24 hours after broken water hubbub, but I think this is what is best for us.
I cannot begin to describe the relief I've felt since making the decision. I went in to get my membranes stripped, and I was more than 3, but not quite 4 cm dilated, same effacement. In the 20 minutes I was on the NST, I had 6 contractions. The nurse practitioner was like 'are you feeling these?' I replied, 'everyone of them... have been for weeks.' And then she asked if I wanted to come in tonight instead. Haha.
We were able to make arrangements for Corban, our families are off for the weekend, and my big brother and his wife will even be able to make it home to meet her. Otherwise, it would've been months before they would see her. So, those things make me very glad. And if we end up having to use pitocin to speed things along... well, there's worse things.

We grabbed dinner at a local chinese place. It was delicious, as always, and I couldn't help but crack up when my fortune cookie read, "Tomorrow will be a productive day. Don't oversleep." haha. But on our way home, we started having a discussion about Baby Girls name... and well, it turns out that we're not on the same page AT ALL. I think he assumed I would cave, and I assumed that he would cave. So now I have to begin a mad name search, see if I find any better options, and then beg Jordan to let me choose. :) Just kidding about that last part. He did say that I could choose, but he is really talking like he doesn't like it. We'll see tomorrow, I guess!!!
Anyway, prayers would be much appreciated. I sure wouldn't mind a speedy, non-medicated, pitocin free delivery, but if things go differently, we'll deal. Next time I post I'll be introducing our daughter! HURRAY!!


  1. HOORAY!!! I can't wait to meet her!! I'll be praying for you, your family and the doctors!

  2. Congrats!!! I'll be praying for you and can't wait to hear the whole story!
    Hubs and I were on TOTALLY different pages with Samuel's name, but when he saw me ont he table, about to have a c-section, crying and scared, he said "His name is Samuel." That's always been my very favorite name for a boy.
    Sleep well and PTL for new life!!!

  3. I am so, so excited for you! I got chills (don't know why, but I did) when reading your post. I can't wait to hear the good news. Sending up a prayer for you right now, and thinking of you. Much luck figuring out (and agreeing on) a name. :) Lots of love!

  4. I woke up this morning praying for you. :) Since it's about 9:30 your time right now I bet you're well on your way to labor! This is an exciting day. I can't wait to get the full story. Yay!

  5. It is late on the 16th and I just read this. I have been praying for you the past few days! I hope it all went well, can't wait to hear her story! Praise God for this little girl! Praying for you Kristen!


Leave your thoughts, questions, answers here!