Monday, December 1, 2008

Well, I had planned on finally painting my trim during this time, but a snack and a hot shower sounded better, so here I sit.
I just ate some Tomato Basil wheat thins, and they leave the most terrible taste in your mouth! Gross!
Did you realize that it's December?

Whoa.
I am winding down on the pregnancy side of things. I'm 33 weeks and some odd days, putting me less than a month from full-term, and like 6.5 weeks from my due date. Whoa. In case you didn't catch it, my pregnancy is almost over. My life with just one child is almost over. My days of being a family of three... almost done. It's hard to wrap my mind around really, but it's becoming more of a reality every day. One of my best friends is 3 days past her due date, but she's been my reference point this whole time... once Wendi's there, I'm almost there. And, well, she's there! She'll be having baby Audri any time now. Whoa again.

I'm feeling decent, just very pregnant. Baby Girl is sitting so low. My belly is getting huge. Braxton Hicks contractions becoming more frequent. The number on the scale is getting high. The number of shirts that still fit me... low. I'm tired, alot. Nesting in high gear. Wanting to eat chocolate and popcorn constantly. You know, those kinds of things.

My son is awesome. No really, he is. And cute too. What? It's true. :) I can't get enough of him. He's talking and babbling up a storm. He's getting so stinkin' smart. And he's wierd, like his daddy, already. But he gives the best slobbery kisses and sweetest little hugs... and most terrible headbutts when he doesn't get his way. He's a really good cleaner-upper, and loves Daaada sooo much. And DayDee. And I-Zee. (those are two of his four uncles- he loves the others, just doesn't say their names). He loves dogs and lights and outside... except says them as 'dawdee, yights, and ayide'. I can't forget to mention that he is absolutely obsessed with football. Seriously. It's incredible. He looked at a Peyton Manning book for a whole entire HOUR. If you have children, you know this is quite a feat. He'll even somewhat watch it on TV, which won't hold his attention any other time. I love being home with him, and I really, truly love being his mom. And I tell him that every day, and I want to tell him that every day for the rest of his life.

JD is doing really well. Really, really well, all things considered. He handled first round of chemo pretty easily, with some nausea and tiredness, but really that was all. He's beoming quite the Scrabble player, and that's frustrating. :) He kicks my rear more often then not! No, I'm so proud of him and his attitude and how he's carried himself and walked through all of this... along with my parents but specifically my Mom. She's left no question in where her hope lies or Who she trusts. I can say without any sort of reservation that God truly is getting the glory and honor and praise despite the adversity being faced. My Mom is an awesome woman. If you don't know her... well, that stinks. You're missing out. :)

My husband... well, he's really good looking. He got a hair cut this week, and man! I'm a lucky woman. Haha. But seriously, we enjoyed being able to just relax together this week and have time together as a family. We've got a busy 3 months coming up (on top of the addition of a child!), but most of the things we have, we get to be together for. I'm thankful for that. He's been really really awesome for me this last month, holding me while I fall apart, praying for me, encouraging me to be there with my family. He's a good man, and really I mean it when I say I'm a lucky woman. :)

Anyway, there's an update on my life in a nutshell. Maybe I'll have more exciting things to say or pictures to post later in the week. Until then.... enjoy the Christmas season!

2 comments:

  1. I love reading what you write. I was smiling as I read this entire post.

    ReplyDelete
  2. your mom IS awesome and people who don't know her are totally missing out!! :)

    ReplyDelete

Leave your thoughts, questions, answers here!