Thursday, December 11, 2008

I'm just sitting here, nearing 2 p.m., still in pajamas... listening to my precious son exclaim "Football! Football!" over and over and over. Oh, but he stopped, and now he's singing a sweet song, in a language that only he understands. Have I mentioned lately that I absolutely love being a mom? Seriously. This week hasn't been without challenges, a few pulled hairs, some tears, but I wouldn't trade a minute of it for the world.

Enough of the sentimental babbling. Look what I just bought!:
I only ordered the bumper pad, as it was all we needed. I have really cute sage green curtains, and am still debating on what color(s) we'll paint the walls, but will probably do a creamy yellow and tan. My in-laws are giving us this neat looking dresser they have, and we'll paint it cream. If I find a rocking chair at Goodwill or on Craigslist, I'll purchase it, possibly paint it too... same with a book shelf. I'm having fun dreaming up a nursery... (Oh, just to add- it's from Pottery Barn, but I got it super clearanced and paid $29.99 [originally $80] for it... the same as I was going to pay for the one at Babies R Us!)


Corban's 'big boy' room is slowly being mentally assembled. And we have (in real life) some pieces of it, but none of them are actually in the room. We're doing an 'outdoor/camping' theme for him, and I'm really excited about it. We've got a green comforter with tan sheets and tan curtains. I'm using big ole sticks for his curtain rods. We don't have this bedding set, but are getting most of the matching room accessories- a lantern, lamp, pillows, wall clock, etc. It's from Target, and is Wollrich brand, in case you're wondering. I'm sooo excited about it. I haven't officially decided on wall colors for him yet either, but they will be mostly dark tan/brownish, and I'm debating between a shade of orange and green. So we'll see. I like colors, lots of them, in case you haven't noticed. Most rooms in our house have more than one color.
Anyway- I made a delicious (if I do say so myself) pot of chili for lunch today. Jordan was actually able to come home and join us, so that was a nice treat. Corban eats up his time with Daddy. I love watching the two of them together. But Corban is napping now, and my house looks as though a tornado has made its way through it, mostly because instead of following behind and cleaning up, I laid on the couch and watched as Corban emptied baskets, pulled things off of shelves, etc. So- I'm off to put this place back together, and perhaps nap myself... or at least snuggle up on the couch and read a book.

1 comment:

  1. The bedding is so pretty! What fun that you get to decorate another nursery. It's kind of sad to me that my boy almost ready for his big boy room now. :( Guess we're going to have to get working on #2 soon. (just kidding, I'll wait at least 6 more months.)

    ReplyDelete

Leave your thoughts, questions, answers here!