Monday, November 8, 2010

30 days of thankful- day 7

Another simple post- this time from my computer- but still, I'm way behind on this thing called sleep... and I've had little time on the computer- which has been really nice, to be honest. I took two whole days off from doing any sort of editing or anything like that. It was refreshing, and now I'm ready to pound out these last few sessions before taking a mini-break before 'launching' kristenmcg photography. Exciting stuff. Why am I talking about all of this right now? I'm rambling... onto the thankful.
Today, I'm really thankful that I can barely remember my kitchen looking like this:
If I weren't on my laptop, I'd show you some other 'before' type of pictures of our house. Our kitchen, though, has seen numerous transitions and is in the middle of yet another. Last Christmas Eve we bought new flooring, and today, we're about 4 feet shy of having the new floor down. I'm really really pleased with how it's looking- can't wait for it to be finished tomorrow!
This picture gives me hope and makes me so glad. One- we've come a loooooooooong way. Two, we have a house, a home... and I love it here. It has become our home. It's comfortable and cozy- I love being here. I love that we've transformed it and made it ours, that it's plenty spacious, that people can and do gather here. Provision beyond what we could've imagined- and I am so thankful for this place.
Lastly, despite the uproar seen in just about every inch of living space right now, it has been much, much worse here. The things we have to do now- the things that are tremendously hanging over my head and making me crazy- are far less hard, time consuming, and costly than most of what we've already accomplished. I am really thankful that it's not 'everything but gutting drywall' that needs to be done now. Instead, it's throwing unnecessary things away, simplifying, getting rid of clothes (again. always. continually), finding places for the things that used to be in the 2.5 closets we did away with, deep cleaning every inch. The time is very near, my friends, when that amazing little instinct called nesting takes over. I'm right on the brink- I bought more household cleaners tonight than I have in months and I am giddy with excitement. I've got lists of things to scrub and boil flowing from my brain. I'm plotting and planning and so looking forward to getting these things checked off my list. In case you've missed majority of my other blog posts, this is very contrary to my normal nature. I love this aspect of pregnancy. :) 
So tonight, I'm really thankful for our home, but especially the work that's we've already done in our house, meaning we have that much less to do now. Some day when I have time, I'd like to do a 'house tour' of sorts- with before and after pictures and all. It's really an amazing transformation, and we finally have more finished rooms than unfinished- and that's an amazing feeling.
With that, I need to go sleep so that I can one day have the energy to actually do the things I'm dreaming of. Staycation is wonderful!
See you tomorrow!

4 comments:

  1. I'm strange. But I like the yellow counter from the "before" picture!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm looking forward to the before and afters.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad your staycation is going so well! Its so great to see how God has continually provided for your little family!

    ps. get together soon? :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. i can't wait to see pics of the new floor. miss you, friend!

    ReplyDelete

Leave your thoughts, questions, answers here!