Tuesday, November 18, 2008

I think I was holding my breath for that miracle... hoping and praying that the pathology would come back saying it was all necrosis, all dead tissue. Unfortunately, and quite upsettingly, this was not the case.
Mom talked to JD's neurosurgeon on the phone- so I didn't hear all of the details or anything, but got the basic rundown of what information there is right now.
We still don't have the complete official pathology report, but the place in Pittsburg has its entire staff working on picking apart and trying to pinpoint exactly what JD's tumor is. Previously, the tumor has been a PXA, but the pathology has shown that is no longer looking or acting like that kind of tumor. It is acting more aggressively. It seems to be acting like another type of tumor, but doesn't have all of the characteristics of that certain kind. Dr. Young said it is more important for them to accurately identify than to have a quick answer... so we will continue to wait.
My family will go Friday to meet with Dr. Libros, the doctor who oversaw JD's radiation, to discuss whether or not more radiation will be possible as treatment. And, I'm assuming once we have the official pathology, JD will start chemotherapy.
Obviously, this was not the news we were hoping for. I guess it's not unexpected, with what we were told prior to surgery, but the reality of what we're getting ready to face is sinking in. Please be praying for JD, for our family, for the doctors, the people working on the pathology report...


I was sure by now, God, you would have reached down,
wiped our tears away, stepped in and saved the day.
But once again I say 'amen' and it's still raining.
As the thunder rolls, I barely hear you whisper through the rain
"I am with you,"
And as Your mercy falls, I'll raise my hands and praise the God who gives and takes away...
And I will praise You in this storm, and I will lift my hands
For You are who You are no matter where I am
Every tear I've cried, You hold in your hand
You never left my side
And though my heart is torn...
I will praise You in this storm.

2 comments:

  1. oh, kris, i wish i was there to hug you and pray with you. my heart goes out to you right now, friend, and i'm petitioning on jd's behalf this very moment. i don't always understand why the Lord allows things to happen, but i do know that He's always there helping to pick up the pieces and offering joy in spite of it all. may He fill you to OVERFLOWING with the joy only He can provide. i love you, girl.

    ReplyDelete

Leave your thoughts, questions, answers here!