Thursday, March 5, 2009

Hi, friends!
Both kiddos are sleeping in their beds, and I'm allowing myself a few minutes to finish my coffee before busting rear on this messy house of mine.
Jordan took Tuesday off of work and he and Corban stayed home while I ran around with just Cate- It was so nice!!! We had my 6 week check-up, stopped and saw my family during JD's 8th round of chemo, went to Target, Carter's, and two Once Upon a Child's. Let me just tell you... having a little girl is going to be the death of my budget. Thank goodness I refuse to pay more than $3 for anything I buy... or those 9 dresses, 3 cardigan sweaters, and 2 pair of stockings I bought could have done a number on the ole pocket book. But instead, I just spent $26. Oh, bargain hunting, how I love thee. And yes, I really bought 9 dresses. But they were various sizes (up to 9 months), and the most expensive one was $3. Once Upon a Child is wonderful.
I think I called Jordan like, four times to thank him for letting me have a 'me' day. Granted, Cate was with me, but that's cake compared to having both kiddos. He told me to take my time, go shopping, do whatever I wanted... to just enjoy the day. I was so thankful for that! (notice here: new stockings [$1.50] and new dress [$2- but from Kohl's])
That evening, we had a makeshift date night. We failed to line up a baby-sitter, so with two kiddos in tow, we had a nice (paid-for-by-gift-card) meal at Cracker Barrel... with seats near the fireplace, and many-a-game of...well.. I don't know the name, but it's the triangle with golf pegs- do you know what I'm talking about? Anyway, I was the victor, but was 'just' purty smart. Ha. Corban had a blast taking the pegs out and putting them back in. He did this for nearly an hour. After that, we wandered around Home Depot, dreaming about all the things we'd like to, but probably never will, do to our home. Then I ran into Wal-Mart to grab a bag of Cadbury eggs, some new socks for Cate, and Scrabble. We came home, put the kids to bed, and played an intense game of Scrabble. Again, I was the victor, but just by 2 points. Thank you, queued and plaid, for the big points!
Anyway, my coffee is now gone. I found out late this morning that my in-laws are making a trip up to see us and my house is not clean. I took Corban to the park this morning, just to enjoy the above-freezing temperatues. He laughed for 35 minutes straight. :) Jordan then came home for lunch, and I started writing this right after he left. So yes, it is now time to work.

I also wanted to add: babies grow up WAY too fast. Do you realize that my son is just a few months away from being TWO?!? And my daughter... approaching 2 months? Look at this! They're big!! Corban, in big boy undies.. well, training pants, if you must know- and he wet them minutes after putting them on. But still! And Cate, holding her head up like it isn't 4 times the size of the rest of her body. She actually rolled over from belly to back today, but I'm pretty sure it was an accident. Anyway... these pictures break my heart, but melt it at the same time. Slow down! Please!! (And PS- the pile of clothes next to Corban, who is 'flexing his muscles, btw, is my loot from OUAC).

4 comments:

  1. a day in the life of my beautiful daughter and wonderful grandkids.... It just doesn't get better than that.... You are SO LUCKY to get to be home and doing all of this! I was never that lucky. It's nice that you appreciate it and even nicer that your hubby is providing a good enough living that you are ABLE to!!!! Good for you all... Of course I can vouch for how quickly time goes by - after all, I'm a grandma twice over already.... That in itself is crazy!!!! :) Love you!!!! Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am jealous! Crawfordsville has to get a Once upon a child!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are my bargain hero!! When Aimee was pregnant, I hit Target, Old Navy and Carter's consistently to find things to get her for the baby. At her shower, I gave her a HUUUUUGE bag of clothes that I swear I didn't pay over $3 or $4 for any of it. Good for you for taking a "you" day-you totally deserve it. The next time you want to bargain hunt, call me, I'd love to go with you.

    And how about that JD-such awesome news. I expect nothing less from such an awesome boy.

    Have a good weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Holy moley! You are a bargain hunter, aren't you! I'm jealous! We don't have any outlets here in Evansville. I'm going to have to make a weekend trip up there just to visit Edinburgh. (sp?)
    I love the fact that Corban flexes his muscles. That's too funny.
    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete

Leave your thoughts, questions, answers here!