1. I really love coffee. This is a recent thing. I used to "love" espresso drinks that cost a million dollars and a thousand calories, or a gas station cappocino. Now, give me the real stuff, with a little milk and a little sugar. No flavors, no syrups, nada. Mmmm.
2. Also a recent love in the food department: vegetable spring rolls with sweet and sour sauce. I've been wanting them for weeks, but can't bring myself to pay the ridiculous (and more expensive than restaurant) price they are in grocery stores. I want to try and make my own, but that requires a trip to Asia mart, which, quite honestly, intimidates me.
3. Corban, despite the springing forward of the clock, has been sleeping in until 8:30 every day. It's glorious.
4. Also on the subject of sleeping, Cate regularly does around a 7 hour stretch, followed by another 3-4 hour stretch. We're sleeping well in our household!
5. I bought finger paint for my son today. It'll be our adventure tomorrow, since we live in the fickle midwest where temperatures make a 40 degree swing every other day. And in case you're wondering, I'm not at all happy about the sub-freezing temperatures making their return. Bah-humbug is what I say.
6. I had intended to write a post about running, and my love of all things related, but I figured it'd incredibly bore my readers, as most don't share the passion. Just know: I recently read a book about a collegiate cross country team, and it made me sad that I'm a 'has been', but also stirred up the desire 'to be'. I was thinking my running days were long gone, but after a glorious 21 minute adventure down the road, I remember that I love to run. Even more so, I love to run fast. And race. So we'll see...
7. My husband is going backpacking in Colorado in 3ish weeks, while I make a trip to Cville. I'm more than a little jealous.
8. Speaking of my husband, his birthday is on Saturday! 24 years old! He was just 14 when we started dating... :) We're hanging out with his family the day of, but I'm trying to plan something for just us on Friday. Guess I better get on it, and line up a babysitter!
9. This weekend is the Indy Kids Consignment sale. I've always done pretty well, and got quite a bit of my kids wardrobes there. I get to shop on 'preview night' this time though, since I have a newborn. I'm quite excited about it!
10. I have two loads of unfolded laundry sitting on my couch and a van full of groceries I need to unload. I suppose I should do those things now that Cate is in her cradle and while Corban is still asleep. Hi ho, hi ho, it's off to work I go...