Monday, February 9, 2009

Corban's been down for just over an hour and I've showered, stared at my precious Cate- who smiled at me three times!!, listened to a Bob Coy sermon, made the dressing for the salad we're having for dinner, browned the crunchy stuff that goes in the salad we're having for dinner, cleaned out the leftovers from the fridge, loaded the dishwasher and put some groceries away. Even though my counter is still holding a massive amount of to-be-put-away groceries, I feel pretty good about things. Especially since the only thing I wanted to do was curl up next to Cate on the couch and sleep myself.
Corban is awake already. He never naps for this short. Wonder what's up? I think he may have gotten too hot, with his space heater blasting, and the heat wave (ha) we're currently experiencing in central Indiana. It really is warm and beautiful out. I'd love to go out and play... it's just a muddy mess everywhere. Maybe we'll take a walk at church after bit.
Our weekend was great. We had the church staff/leadership retreat Friday and Saturday, which was very encouraging and refreshing. Our parent's kept Corban for us, and Mom and JD brought him up and went to church and out to lunch with us. And then last night we went to Fort Wayne to see Phil Whickham, and of course, that was incredible. If you're not familiar with his music, you should look him up. It's very worshipful, and he's excellent live. We're all really worn out though. We weren't home at all, and that makes for a long week for Jordan. And then this coming weekend is the Jr. High ski trip, which the kiddos and I are skipping this year, but Jordan will be gone Saturday and Sunday. And then the following weekend he'll be gone Friday through Sunday for the men's winter backpacking trip- which he's been looking forward to for MONTHS. Busy, busy! I'll be spending those weekends in Cville with my family though, so I'm very much looking forward to that.
Alright- Corban went back to sleep (I think) and Cate is sleeping not in my arms, so I should take advantage of this in a productive way than blogging. Off to... lay on the couch. haha.

2 comments:

  1. Wow! You have been a busy momma so far today. Good for you. I should do the same. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww, baby smiles are so precious! I've missed you over on Xanga so I decided to pop over here to see if you'd updated at all!

    ReplyDelete

Leave your thoughts, questions, answers here!