Wednesday, October 6, 2010

normal

Let's see if I remember how to write a post that is jovial and light and talks about everyday things like being a mama to the most perfect (for our family) kiddos on the planet or delicious recipes or house projects.
Ready, set... go!
Today is a Wednesday, which seems to catch me off guard every week. Wednesday means its almost the weekend, and I'm not sure how that happened when it was just Sunday, know what I mean?? Anyway, I cancelled morning plans this morning because of this dumb head cold I'm fighting and the lack of energy causing me to want to wear to pajamas and lay on the couch. So that's what I did until the temperatures hit above 50, and then I made a cup of hot cocoa, and sat in my rocking chair as I watched my kiddos play in the 'fort'. The fort is part of our 'un'landscape that has a rock border and is full of dirt and extends underneath the most giant pine tree that could grow on the corner of our house. My father-in-law trimmed off some of the lower branches to make room for the kids underneath, and we've spent countless hours shoveling dirt and climbing limbs since. That little boy of mine is quite the tree climber- got higher than my head yesterday!- and gets so frustrated when he can't find his way down. He'll mumble under his breath that he's 'not brave of the tree' and I remind him that he is, or he wouldn't have started climbing it in the first place. He's a funny one, my Corban Gabriel. I'm amazed watching the person he's becoming... I enjoy who he is more than I ever dreamed possible, amazed that I once thought I wouldn't live through the year of 2. We've come a long way, and I so so love being his Mama. Really and truly, those aren't just words.
Anyway, I made the kids a quick lunch, of which they both ate seconds of everything- and then added a box of raisins and half a bagel afterwards. Can we say... growth spurt?! I can't keep up! I made us grown-ups spicy peanut thai noodles (using up my leftover angel hair pasta from the spaghetti we had Monday for lunch! Two points for resourcefulness!) and they were spectacular, if I do say so myself. :) I've been spending a lot of time in the kitchen, and the products have been well received. It's so nice to be cooking and enjoying food that's not chicken nuggets and french fries again. Much nicer on the pocket book, too. So yes, lunch, Jordan and Jacob (our housemate) got home right as I finished cooking and I left as they arrived to head to my 28 WEEK doctor appointment.
Ladies and gentlemen, I am in my third trimester.
Holy smokes.
The baby looked perfect. It measured a few days ahead (like putting my due date at 12/29), the same that it's measured every ultrasound but one since about 8 weeks. 'It' weighs approximately 2 lbs 9 oz and is in the 59th percentile. I find it overwhelmingly amazing... this baby that was so unplanned, had all these odds against it... absolutely perfect. We tried to get a 3-d ultrasound, but Baby McG #3 had its hands in front of its face- yet again. What we were able to see was its little pouty lips and chubby cheeks... with a jaw line and chin looking just like its brother and sisters' do. I am so excited, and I cannot wait to meet this little one face to face. You'd think with 3 babies in as many years that it might seem commonplace at some point, but I find it as amazing and miraculous as the first one- and I am so in love!
So after the appointment, I had french fries with Maddie- you remember the beautiful girl who just turned 16 that I got to do the pictures of? her.- at Arby's and we sat and chatted. As I said before, I'm so thankful for her, to be a part of her life. Really, I am so blessed and thankful for our youth group kids, and that we get the privilege of being a part of their lives. I have a lot I want to say on that subject, and will someday soon... but I'm really proud of these kids and love my time I get with them.
And with that said, I'm going to bed. We had youth group tonight and we had both kids at church (usually it's just Corban) and I'm not feeling great and I'm sleeeeeeeeeeeepy. So, this was my attempt and resuming some sort of normal blogging, outside of just heavy posts or just picture heavy posts. Sweet dreams!

1 comment:

  1. I don't know if I want any more children, but I think I'd feel the same way...each one is miraculous and special and each pregnancy (especially this one for you) is different. I loved so many moments when I was pregnant and I think I'd love them just as much in different ways with subsequent pregnancies.

    I really love your kids - I think they are creative, imaginative, friendly, sweet, and crazy amazing. I'm so thankful that I get to be a small part of your life and theirs.

    Thanks again for meeting me last night...you gave me so much to think and reflect on. I love you.

    ReplyDelete

Leave your thoughts, questions, answers here!