Wednesday, November 18, 2009

8 thankfuls

Thanksgiving is just 8 days away, and because of that, I'm giving you a list of 8 things I'm thankful for today.
1. The fact that I am merely hours away from having a working shower in my house again. Oh yes, for that I am thankful. Because, you know, we haven't had one since Friday. No tub, no shower, nada. Fun, huh? But on the same note, I'm really thankful that my husband is so handy and has demo'd and redone our main bathroom... without having to pay a plumber or anything!
2. I'm thankful for naptime. 2 quiet hours to refresh and recharge, re-clean and remove mess. And then I'm thankful when it's over, too, and my babies greet me with their smiles.
3. Diet Coke and coffee. Not together, of course, but wonderful they are.
4. My new camera!
5. Corban and his agreeable attitude today. We've had no spankings, no timeouts, lots of hugs, very few fits, and a really fun morning at the gym. We then perused the mall quickly, and came home and played air hockey (minus air) on our ceramic tile in the kitchen, and he laughed the whole time. It's been really great to enjoy eachother today, especially with the weeks we've had.
6. It's Wednesday, and I love Wednesday's. Jordan comes home half days, which is great. I'm going at 3:30 to have coffee with a former jr. higher (who is now a freshman), who I enjoy tremendously and have been so blessed watching Jesus get a hold of her heart and drastically change her life. And then youth group tonight. :)
7. The mini photo-shoot I had with Cate yesterday. She was SO good and laughing at everything... I got some really beautiful pictures, ones that just melt your heart. :) But I can't show you them, because they're going on our Christmas cards. For documentation sake I'll add that Cate took her first steps one day shy of being 10 months. She's probably taken about 10 steps total now. Can you believe it?!
8. And... my mom. I get to see her tomorrow, and for that I'm thankful. =)
So.. what are you thankful for?

4 comments:

  1. i'm thankful that i know YOU and your amazing family! for starbucks. for my bright pink tinsel christmas tree on my desk. for jason and izzie and sophie, my little family, even if we're living in 2 different houses right now. for my job. for the fact that the clock just said 5pm which means it is time to go home and then have dinner later with your aunt jamie! yay!

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Answer to #8 - YOU......

    That was an easy one! Love you and can't wait to spend time with you and my (ok - your) babies tomorrow!!!! Hurry up and get here....... I love you! Mom

    ReplyDelete
  3. You so need to jump in on 30 days of thanks!!!!!!!!!!! It's not too late!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am Thankful for many things, You, Your Momma, & the Taylor family...I love you sweets!

    Aunt Nina

    ReplyDelete

Leave your thoughts, questions, answers here!