Monday, January 4, 2010

twenty ten

2009 is over and done with.
Adios, good riddance...
A new year.
I'm thankful.
I want to move on to this year, but there's still a few things to say about the last.
As hard as it was, as painful, heartbreaking, life-changing as it was... there were lessons learned.
I can attest to God's faithfulness. I can tell you that He's good and that He's real and He's faithful because I've experienced those things in ways like never before. I began a new devotional this week, and the first verse from the section of scripture I'll be studying is Psalm 120:1: "In my distress I cried unto the LORD, and He heard me." I knew I had found the right book as soon as I read that. I've been in a pit of sorts... a dark, hard, sad time of my life. I haven't been doing all that well. But I know... I know... God's going to see me through it. He has showed up so real and powerful in our darkest moments to date, and it's changed me. There've been so many moments where I let my mind take off and begin to question and wander, but then I go back to those times when God spoke mightily: I am still here, My promises are still true. I haven't left you, I won't ever. 
Anyway... if I had began 2009 with any question of the goodness of God, of the sovereignty of God, of His faithfulness, I ended it with answers. At a cost much higher than I'd liked to have given, but nonetheless, lessons learned.

I don't know what this next year will bring.I never dreamed last year would be what it was. But regardless- I begin 2010 with a heart that trusts, that relies on, and knows the love of God, the God who is love.

When clouds veil sun and disaster comes
When waters rise and hope takes flight
When clouds brought rain and disaster came
When waters rose and hope had flown
Ever faithful, ever true

In joy and pain, sun and rain,
You're the same

You never let go
-David Crowder Band 'never let go'

5 comments:

  1. my very wise daughter.... I love you! Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad when you write - I truly need your encouraging words. I'm not in the best place with God these days but I hold onto the things you write, these little morsels of truth, and they remind me to keep my faith and keep bowing my head in prayer, even when I feel it does nothing.
    Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Right on. In the darkest times the light looks so much brighter. :)
    I'm glad you wrote too.

    Happy 2010!
    P.S. I LOVE DCB too!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wishing you a much brighter 2010!!

    That is too funny about Cate's tooth! And you should DEFINITELY go into photography. You're great at it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. big fan of your new layout. I love the banner at the top.

    ReplyDelete

Leave your thoughts, questions, answers here!