Monday, January 23, 2012

Caters is three!


 
My Cato-Potato, my sweetie girl...
THREE years old. 
I blinked, and here we are.

Never ever have I known another quite like you.
So full of spunk. All or none. Bursting with joy and life.
You, my girl, are a treasure.
A precious gift. 
So perfectly little girl. Oozing with tenderness and pink and princess. 
You are a nurturer at your core. You tell me often of your plans for 'when I'm a mommy like you...' 
You are my go-getter, my belly laugher, my let's color all day-er. 
You sing from the moment your eyes open, have an imagination that never stops, talk vividly and descriptively all day long. You love to dress up and mix and match and pretend. 
Mama loves everything about you, my girl.
 
You've changed so much this past year. 
From a toddler to a little girl. Stunningly beautiful. Wildly imaginative. A dreamer. 
As I watch you grow and change, this Mama's heart can't help but to pray. I want more than anything for you to know and trust in the love that God has for you.. baby girl, HE is love. 
And though you are indeed prettier than a princess... that matters so little. The Bible tells that beauty doesn't come from what's on the outside, but from what is inside of us-- our hearts. People might look at what's on the outside, but God looks at our hearts. It took your mama a long time to understand that, and I pray everyday that I could help you learn that simple truth.
And my baby girl-- your inside...your heart... that which makes you YOU... 
that is one of the most beautiful thing I know.
My Caters... I am so proud to be your mama. 
I love you so much!

2 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday Miss Cate! She's a doll! What a sweet momma she has too. I think she'll turn out just fine w/ you and Jordan as her parents.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday to her!
    Adorable pictures!

    ReplyDelete

Leave your thoughts, questions, answers here!