Monday, September 12, 2011

up to date

I just spent way too long looking back at blog posts from the last few months. I really am thankful to have this blog to document our lives, even though my postings have been so sporadic as of late. I have much much much too much to do right now, but it's so close to bedtime and I'm too tired to start something new, so why not take a few minutes to update?!
Let's see...
we've been busy. Such is life, right? :) The past two weekends have been really refreshing, though, and I'm thankful for a little lull in the busyness.
Corban is really and completely adjusted to preschool, and he loves it. I am simply amazed at the rate that he is learning! Everywhere we go, he reads all the letters... Before we know it, he'll be reading. I think he's going to love it (and love learning) like I always did. That makes this mama glad. I don't know if I mentioned it on here yet or not, but he has also learned to bike without training wheels recently and has developed a love for rock climbing. (Wonder where those hobbies come from!? just kidding. Have you met my husband?) We've transitioned from baseball to football season, so all waking moments involve the pigskin. A lover of sports my boy is. And I wouldn't want it any other way. 
Cato Potato is loving her mornings with just mama. She spends lots of time with me, doing whatever I'm doing. I'm really thankful for that... for a lot of reason. Of course, I love the sweetness of the time with her, answering her millions of questions, showing her how to fold towels and clean tables, but I also love the lack of worry involved in my mornings when she's only by my side and not emptying her dresser or dumping cereal on the kitchen floor. ;) She's doing a gymnastics class right now, and really enjoys it. She (like most 2.5 year olds) has a hard time staying on task, waiting her turn, etc., but she gets really excited about going and likes to try all the new things.
Nora James is the sweetest thing since... I don't know?!.. chocolate cake? :) She's wonderfully sweet and charming. Seriously. Spend a few minutes with my baby girl and you'll be smitten. She's crawling all over the place and pulling up and cruising. Already, yes. She has the CUTEST wave I've ever seen and started saying 'hi' to accompany it today. She also claps now, too. Approaching 9 months old. I wish I could freeze frame this time with her. I've never met a calmer, more content and pleasant baby. What a precious gift she is. They all are. Oh, how I love being mama.
:)

Let's see...what else?
The pumpkin spice latte is back.
We've had lots of the kind of weather that makes me remember that I love Indiana. 
This weekend brings the 3rd annual JD Taylor golf scramble.
I got a pair of Gap jeans for 99 cents this weekend, from the gap clearance store.
and $6 pink boots for Caters.
More importantly, I had an incredible weekend on the women's retreat with some very dear friends.
God is good. And faithful. and working and stirring. It's good.
I have had lots of photo sessions and am so so backed up with my editing. 
I don't love deadlines looming.
I do love/hate procrastinating.
Why must I be wired this way?!
I often wish I was one who loved order, who naturally had a life of organization, who always had a schedule under control and life mapped out.
No such luck.
Dang.
I always go to bed too late.
And I must stop this random non-sense.
Goodnight!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave your thoughts, questions, answers here!