- We've been
- I drove to the aforementioned coffee joint juuuuuuust to get out of the house. Seriously. I loaded up and strapped in three children for a twenty minute break and $4.52 drink. Worth every minute AND penny. Just saying.
- I am majorly dreading tonight. We say goodbye to some of our very best friends as they head to St. Kitts to be missionaries. I don't have the words right now to talk about it or them or all that they are to us. I am thrilled for them and what God is doing in and through them, but selfishly- it makes me (and my husband!) so stinking sad. BUT- it is nice knowing we'll see them this summer (for our mission trip) and again this fall (when they come home to have their second baby). Sigh.
-I was thinking today about all the life changes the last few months have brought. We acquired a housemate and then a third child. Our best friends are moving away. Our housemate is moving out. My husband is in the middle of adjusting to a pretty major role change at work - he went from teaching three Bible classes at the school to teaching one, and from being over 'just' the junior high and working alongside Brandon to being in charge of all the youth group. That right there makes for a lot more little changes within our life, too. All of it is good, though most of it is not easy. I'm thankful to see God's hand so evidently in the midst of it all, though.
- I had a photo session last week, one next week, two more being scheduled, and a wedding booked for July. It was nice to have a little break, but even nicer to get back at it. I just love photography, plain and simple.
- My husband set up a tent in the middle of the ice storm. His intent was to sleep in it, but it was 'just raining and 33 degrees'... obviously not inclement enough for my pioneer. :)
- We lost electricity for 2 hours and that was all. It was fun to have dinner by candlelight and then hang out by the fire, but I was thankful when the power kicked back on so I could put the kids to sleep in their beds.
- Our housemate, Jacob, and his amazing girlfriend were snowed in with us. We ate a lot of yummy food and played a ton of speed scrabble. AND, Jordan was off of work, too. It really has been a fun few days.
and now... my drink is gone.
long gone, actually.
The procrastinating must end... but first- some pictures!